S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I been looking around I wanna fit 33s with stock rims under a non zr2 without a suspention lift just torsion and body lift with minor or no cutting, a little bit of rub is ok. Will this work? Thanks I been searching for a while now. Any prices on body kits if that will work, or will it only work with a zr2 (maybe not even?). Thanks. :rotf:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
UGH! Poor truck lol. How does it look on a Zr2 do 32s fit fine? thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: Wait let me refraise that, what will fit without suspention lift? I tihnk there rediculously expensive on newer trucks but havent really looked into it how much wouldi t cost to fit 33s under it, i dont like the big gap either i like when the tires are tucked up inside it wont be used much for off roading.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i had a 6in superlift on my blazer with 33x 12.5s and i still had quite a bit of rub. i had to do some triming just to drive. and wheeling wasnt good at all. you can see how much i trimmed just to drive. but i did a 2in body so i clear 33s fine now :]

6IN SUPERLIFT
33X12.5 15
PRE 2IN BODY

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,091 Posts
You can probably try gettin some Prerunner fenders from Glassworks, but then youll need to fab somekind of innner fender.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i had a 6in superlift on my blazer with 33x 12.5s and i still had quite a bit of rub. i had to do some triming just to drive. and wheeling wasnt good at all. you can see how much i trimmed just to drive. but i did a 2in body so i clear 33s fine now :]

6IN SUPERLIFT
33X12.5 15
PRE 2IN BODY

How much was that setup with tires and all thats what im looking at without the trimming would you of needed to trim it if you did the body lift first? more info would be apprecieted that looked freaking awesome and thats the look i want :) what kind of tires are those i was looking at some bfg mud terrain with polished aluminum rims maybe but i like the all black look lol. how hard is it to swap gears in the front is it as easy as swapping them in the rear on a solid diff?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SLF%2DK328&N=700+4294908216+4294907469+4294924667+4294925130+4294839061+4294843846+4294905260+115&autoview=sku

i found this and ya i guess it is quite expensive unless you used sometihng cheaper plus tires and rims and a body lift kit itll probly be 3 grand at least i think how much did it cost you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
How much was that setup with tires and all thats what im looking at without the trimming would you of needed to trim it if you did the body lift first? more info would be apprecieted that looked freaking awesome and thats the look i want :) what kind of tires are those i was looking at some bfg mud terrain with polished aluminum rims maybe but i like the all black look lol. how hard is it to swap gears in the front is it as easy as swapping them in the rear on a solid diff?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SLF-K328&N=700+4294908216+4294907469+4294924667+4294925130+4294839061+4294843846+4294905260+115&autoview=sku

i found this and ya i guess it is quite expensive unless you used sometihng cheaper plus tires and rims and a body lift kit itll probly be 3 grand at least i think how much did it cost you?

the kit was pretty expensive. i had it instaled b my local shop cuz i am pretty new to the lifting scene. i payed 4,242.42 including tires not including the body kit. i put on the body kit myself that cost about 130. with that tire size and just the 6in superlift i had to do triming. i could only turn 1/2 of a full steering turn. so not triming wasn't an optinon at the time. with the body kit. i still rub a little in the rear wheel wheelin but no problems in the front.... so far. the tires i have are pro comp extream m/t 33x 12.5 on a 15 steel rim. the tires were just over 1,000 with rims. so the lift cost me about 3,200. including a trip to the exaust shop because when you lift this truck that high the exauset hits the front drive shaft.

as for re gearing i'm not sure yet. thats my next move.

after 2in body and 6in superlift

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
the kit was pretty expensive. i had it instaled b my local shop cuz i am pretty new to the lifting scene. i payed 4,242.42 including tires not including the body kit. i put on the body kit myself that cost about 130. with that tire size and just the 6in superlift i had to do triming. i could only turn 1/2 of a full steering turn. so not triming wasn't an optinon at the time. with the body kit. i still rub a little in the rear wheel wheelin but no problems in the front.... so far. the tires i have are pro comp extream m/t 33x 12.5 on a 15 steel rim. the tires were just over 1,000 with rims. so the lift cost me about 3,200. including a trip to the exaust shop because when you lift this truck that high the exauset hits the front drive shaft.

as for re gearing i'm not sure yet. thats my next move.

after 2in body and 6in superlift

awesome thanks for the info so if i put abody lift on i wont need to trim which is wat i want, and i can install it all myself which will save some money thanks a lot oh ya hows it ride does your spine get shorter over every bump?

·
Registered
23 Posts
awesome thanks for the info so if i put abody lift on i wont need to trim which is wat i want, and i can install it all myself which will save some money thanks a lot oh ya hows it ride does your spine get shorter over every bump?
if you do the 6in suspension and the 2in body i'm pretty sure you will still have to trim. not as much as i did on the front but you will more than likly rub on bumps if you dont trim. once again i still need to trim mine a bit more in the rear.
it rides really well accualy. its bumpy but not out of hand. i drove a stock blazer the other day the ride wasn't a huge diffrence. it does ride more rough though

·
"Tucking 37's"
857 Posts
take a look and my thread about the non lifted z in this section----minor trimming? no.....and you WILL need different offset rims--I think i may have the optimal rims 15x8 with a +12mm offset.....

·
Slap my meat on your pita
8,091 Posts
take a look and my thread about the non lifted z in this section----minor trimming? no.....and you WILL need different offset rims--I think i may have the optimal rims 15x8 with a +12mm offset.....

Get the 33s on first :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice info melon thanks, how much did that run you roughly? im just looking at my options. :p

·
"Tucking 37's"
857 Posts
haha--workin on it george---getting close to driving to interco HQ and demanding my tires! lol

approximate CANADIAN! prices:
5 (outside spare) rims, 15x8 +12mm offset ..................................1100
5 33x12.5 R15 Interco TRXUS M/T ................................................1300
ball joints (replaced them with moog when i flipped em) ...............250
PA Accessories 2" body lift...............................................................260
t-bar crank = alignment....................................................................60
custom rear shackles from a local machine shop (nice work too).......40

then a roll of masking tape, either a dremel tool or some sort of cut-off wheel, a little common sense of where not to cut and a lot of bravery....

totals out to just over 3 grand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts