S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 99 S10 2.2L 170K automatic bought new. My brother had the truck and the head leaked. Antifreeze got into the block and contaminated the oil. Well, it is now frozen because he let it sit with all the antifreeze in the block. I guess the motor is dead. Anyone know of any companies that sell good long blocks or companies that sell used. I've checked some out some companies but so far no luck. Thanks.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,238 Posts
Moved to 2.2L 2nd Gen 4 Banging.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Warm it up try to unseize it, takeout your plugs and spray pb plaster down each hole let it sit for a day maybe it'll free it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warm it up try to unseize it, takeout your plugs and spray pb plaster down each hole let it sit for a day maybe it'll free it.
Thank you for your post. I thought of that because I knew I had to move the engine to get the torque converter bolts out. Not sure if my brother fried the engine. What he did was drive it and it sat for a month or two then he noticed it would not start. I came over and put a breaker bar on the engine because the starter seemed to engage but not move. The engine is locked tight. It did move a very small amount. Then I saw the dip stick lever was all the way to the top and it had that milky look. I knew the head was leaking. From what I have learned the engine is all done... am I right is is there still a little hope?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Then, I would drain the coolant and oil (to get all the coolant out), then do what he said with the PB Blaster down the spark plug holes. The coolant could be sort of hydrolocking the motor and keeping you from turning it. It also could have rusted the pins or something too. Dry it out, then oil it up and see if you can turn it.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,238 Posts
At this point, it's probably not salvageable. Once you get chocolate milk, it's almost a given that the bearings are gone. Especially since it full of water.

Reactions: Vikingtu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Then, I would drain the coolant and oil (to get all the coolant out), then do what he said with the PB Blaster down the spark plug holes. The coolant could be sort of hydrolocking the motor and keeping you from turning it. It also could have rusted the pins or something too. Dry it out, then oil it up and see if you can turn it.
Thanks so much. Ya, the coolant got into the oil and it is mostly up the dipstick. If I am able to find a company that makes a good long block, I will switch it but I have to be able to spin that motor so I can remove the torque converter bolts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info to date. It seems from what I am getting here and in other sites, the engine is crap. Any info on good long block companies for the 2.2L Chevy engine would be appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Autozone has surefire engines for around $1500. Other places online have them for around that price or slightly cheaper. Do your due diligence on whoever you buy it from

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Autozone has surefire engines for around $1500. Other places online have them for around that price or slightly cheaper. Do your due diligence on whoever you buy it from
Thank you for your thoughts. Too many thieves out there so the truck went to the junk yard. Such a shame.... so many people out there suck. I appreciate your reply. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at a 03 chevy s10 that is on sale for $2500. It has 193k miles on it with new tires. I was looking to get the truck to get me to work (emt) in the winter and as a random home improvement hauler. It wont Nox Vidmate VLC be my daily driver.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,238 Posts
I am looking at a 03 chevy s10 that is on sale for $2500. It has 193k miles on it with new tires. I was looking to get the truck to get me to work (emt) in the winter and as a random home improvement hauler. It wont be my daily driver.
You should start your own thread in the S10 Sonoma section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts