S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all. this is my first post, i found the forums here by searching on google about problems with the 4l60e.

my 99 S-10 has a weird problem that i can only track to the transmission. it has 87,000 miles and i just purchased it. i found a reciept in the glovebox for a new transmission at 79,000 miles. my problem is that when driving for a while and then coming to a complete stop, sometimes it will act as if it's still stuck in high gear. it scared the crap out of me one day when i stopped before crossing a 4-lane highway. i had the gas pedal almost floored and the engine was stuttering and only going about 5 mph across this highway. luckily [i don't know how] it was empty and i didn't get broadsided. i pulled over immediately and tried all the gears. reverse had the same problem. i put it back into drive and it JERKED violently into gear every time i put it into drive. the truck would just run really really rough it seemed and would not GO anywhere. so i stopped and restarted the engine and the problem was gone.

a couple days later it happened again. when i came to a complete stop it would start doing this crap where the engine would just not rev at all but would 'settle down' naturally and idle nicely when i let off the gas. i restarted the engine and the problem went away. after that i started driving and the service engine soon light came on while driving on the highway. this is my first OBD-II vehicle and to get the code out would be like $60 so i said screw it. eventually the light went off when i started the truck again a few times and hasn't been back since.

but now the stupid thing is up to its old behaviour and i don't know what's wrong. the fluid level is fine, hell this is like a brand new transmission. i heard about it being a TCC problem but the TCC seems to apply fine. i don't get harsh 1-2 shifts usually and the 2.2L engine is in fine shape.

help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
addiction said:
it good be the valve body in the tranny. its a common s10 issue. if the truck cools down does the problem go away?
yeah but the truck stays cool for what, a minute? it's hard to get it to act up in the span of a few days let alone try and pinpoint it down to a minute.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts