S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have read all the post and comment yes I know it's a waste of time but I'm getting a wreak blazer for free with another blazer both 4.3 but one is a 4l60 and one is a 5 speed . I'm have the full truck and everything I want to swap every thing from the 4.3 5 speed blazer to my 99 gmc sonoma with the 2.2 4l60 . What all do I need to make look like it is professionally done??
thanks In advance!!

·
time to get cereal
5,098 Posts
Sell all three, save the NV3500 and the hydraulics from the 5 speed Blazer in case you can't find a 4.3L 5 speed pickup, then proceed to buy a pickup with 4.3L from factory.

·
Been there Done it
11,264 Posts
Well if you have both trucks and the 4.3 5 speed is in real good condition and they are EXACTLY THE SAME YEAR, it's a lot of work, but can be done. Actually I think you can interchange 99 and 00, but any other years would be wired differently making it a lot more work. You're also going to need to find a 4.3 5 speed transmission crossmember. Blazers mount different. Exhaust will be different from truck to SUV. Drive shafts. So you're still going to be doing a lot of parts chasing.
If you don't have the space, time, cash, tools or experience it's not a good idea to take on a project this size.
As stated above might be easier and cheaper to sell all 3 and buy what you want. Once you start taking all 3 apart they become next to worthless.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts