S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
praise the lower'd
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what all would be involved to swap my 99 s-10 front end to a 96-97 blazer front end. you know the blazer front end that has one pice headlight... i know i need the headlights, grill shell, and core support??? right

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks
scott

the headlights like in the pic

·
Registered
287 Posts
most people want to change from a 95-97 s10 recessed headlights to the composites of a 97 blazer. for your swap all you need is what you listed, but double check with other guys here and the aftermarket place that you are getting the parts from. it is extremely easy to do also, but kinda $$$$. good luck. also if you want you can make those headlights with clear corners you can, but with some modifying on you part. good luck and if you want to get the clear corners you can e-mail me or some other people who have done the same thing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
no, just get the blazer headlights and the blazer grill and the support. the s10 grill cannot fit the blazer headlights.

·
Registered
287 Posts
ohh and to make the clear corners you have to separate the headlight, and then you can just take out the orange part. the easiest wayto separate the headlights is to heat around the headlight where there pieces meet. you can use a heat gun or even a hair dryer. by heating it all around the glue melts which allows you to separate the headlight. and when you are done if you do it right you can use the same glue and it will work just fine, only the one problem i have heard of is not completely sealing the headlight and the result of that is when you wash your truck water gets into the headlight. so just make you seal it up completely.

·
Registered
287 Posts
actually now that i think about it you dont need the core support, the composites of a 97 blazer dont really use any support other than the brackets that come with the headlights. you only need core support if you have ressessed headlights and are changing your headlights to the 99 model like the ones you already have so if anything, when you do your swap you should only need to remove the core support that is already in place from your present headlights to make room for the composites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts