S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I've read to everything I found here regarding the Heater Core renewal. I have a rare floor shifter automatic, equipped with the computer controlled auto-temp climate control system. Blazer 4x4 1999 4.3 ltr, Auto-Trans Floor Shifter.
Main Question is :
Do I have to remove the Middle Console including the Auto-Floor Shifter to pull or tilt the Dash to renew the Heater Core?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
No...but it would be a lot easier. There are only 4 bolts/screws holding the console on. The shifter can stay. The shift knob is held on with a horseshoe clip. There is no need to separate the top of the console from the bottom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks, will have a look on this and remove the console, shifter is mounted to the floor and can stay there with the knob pulled, right?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
OK thanks, will have a look on this and remove the console, shifter is mounted to the floor and can stay there with the knob pulled, right?
Correct. And it is easier to pull the entire dash.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, great forum here, in Czech Republik are only a handfull S10 on the road. Own this Vehicle since 16 years ;-) so it must be kind of attachment.....

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
thanks, great forum here, in Czech Republik are only a handfull S10 on the road. Own this Vehicle since 16 years ;-) so it must be kind of attachment.....
Please...post some pics of your truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts