S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of anyone here that has done an LT1 swap in a 98-up truck, have you noticed any stereo noise afterwards? Anyone with any other engines in a 98-up truck, feel free to comment, but I think it is a problem mostly with the LT1 engines, not the LS1 or Vortec.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thnks slammed.
I think there is an issue with the compatibility of the LT1 alternators and some of the newer trucks. I am having all sorts of issues with battery lights, and noise in the radios. Some have it, some don't. I am trying to figure out the Problem if there is some consistency.
I found a pretty intense site on my search for info. I am sure Tloof would love the detail and complexity involved here.
http://mysite.verizon.net/res00d4r/alt_theory_rev/edge_Alternator_Theory.html

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey 97 ss 350 i have a question but your PM's arent working so.....................im doing the LS1 swap and im wondering if the 98 s-10 BCM would work w/ the stock gauges... well what im really doing is swaping my 96 blazer over to the 98 dash and my ls1 is 98 so i might as well just swap every thing over to 98 all the wiring harness, BCM, heater blower, head lights, what do you thank or could i just splic into the 96 harness.. drop me a line man thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry to intrude like this

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's strange, I wonder why my PM's are not working... weird.
So you are putting the 98 Interior in a 96 Blazer, and a 98 LS1 in also?
Sounds like you are in for quite a mess.
I really am not sure what to tell you. The entire dash is controlled via class 2 serial data that will require both the ECM and BCM be present. You will need a proper program in the LS1 computer in order to make the dash work right, and you will also need a lot of the connections of the BCM in order for that to function properly. I don't know the details exactly, because I have never messed with what you are talking about, but I can guarantee it will be a huge headache.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts