S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.2 98 s10 that the gasket is blown in the exhaust where the manifold joins the flex pipe and the bolts are frozen and will not come out....can I remove the manifold and pull the manifold and flex pipe all out together or am I going to have to cut the pipe to get it out? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
cut the bolts on the flange[ use die grinder] and punch out install new gasket and use stainless steel nuts and bolts

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
its a pain in the ass to even get a socket up in there... let alone trying to grind the heads of the bolts off.

I just cut my down pipe right at the bend when i installed the new header. Then unbolted the manifold and pulled it out the top.

Ohh and are you sure its the gasket? Never really heard of that going bad, but those stupid flex pipes go bad constantly. :rant:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the flex pipe is pretty new and its the new design with the flex close to the bottom and I ran my hand up the pipe running and felt no blow buy until I got to the connecton of the pipe and manifold and its pouring the air out....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts