S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have made my decision on the vortec 350 conversion, where is the best place to get headers?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
try some JBA shorty headers, you will need to have a custom y-pipe made though.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gotta order a special trans crossmembers if i wanna run duals like that besides on the newer computer controled v8s like im using i have to get all the o2 sensors working or it will run crappy

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
either way it gunna get up and go :evilg: :evilg: :evilg:

·
2,186 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
you might be better off with single exhaust then....
thats why i said that, its kind of a pain to run duals on a v8 swap, try a single 4 or 4 1/2 inch.:thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
come on...

Notch the crossmember with a piece of 3" pipe, just use common sense. If you can't do it, draw where it needs to be done, and take it to one of those welding shops that stoners work at-they'll probably do it for 25 bucks. You can still run duals, just have them both run down the passenger side(don't have to mess with the gas tank then). The trans crossmembers are the same from the old body style to the new body style-don't run a single pipe-it will diesel when you shut it off. send it to me, and Ill do it for a hundred bucks, and Ill paint it so you can tell everyone you had a racecxar shop do it...hahaha

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I have made up my mind, I know a SS350 truck would whip ass with a latemodel vortec 350 but since me being the way I am (always different) I am gunna stick with the 4.3 however it would be cheaper to instal a 350 I wanna see just how fast I can get this "little" v6 by means of a little internal work, "cough"intercooled s/c? "cough" and maybe a 50shot of the good stuff, that with 373s nice tires and posi should run my down the quater rather quick

·
2,186 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
Well I have made up my mind, I know a SS350 truck would whip ass with a latemodel vortec 350 but since me being the way I am (always different) I am gunna stick with the 4.3 however it would be cheaper to instal a 350 I wanna see just how fast I can get this "little" v6 by means of a little internal work, "cough"intercooled s/c? "cough" and maybe a 50shot of the good stuff, that with 373s nice tires and posi should run my down the quater rather quick
MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
:evilg: :evilg: :evilg: :evilg: :evilg:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Either way you decide to go it's gonna be fun. Let us know if you have any other questions. Sorry, I would have been here sooner but I was off having fun in other parts of the forum.....:)

·
2,186 Posts
proflo'dS10 said:
Either way you decide to go it's gonna be fun. Let us know if you have any other questions. Sorry, I would have been here sooner but I was off having fun in other parts of the forum.....:)
hahahahaha me too LMFAO

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dunno why im so sick in the head i gotta be so different :D but anyways i have always wanted to know what a camaro ss looks like fading in the rearview:evilg: :evilg: :evilg: :evilg: :evilg:

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
then 3 hours later when he catches back up and asks whats in my truck expectin a 8 i can say a crappy 4.3:eek: seein as those guys love to make fun of our v6 trucks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts