S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ripped their old 94-97 recessed headlights/grill and put in a '98 and newer headlights/grill? I want convert my '96 front bumper to a '98 bumper so I can mount an xtreme air dam. Looks like the grill support will need a lot of modifications for it to work. Let me know if this will work

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i did it to mine you will need

Grill,headlights,pigtails, Core support, front bumper

you can get most of the stuff from the people on the forum like the lights and grill i would pick up the core support locally cause its heavy

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How much will the core support run me?
Also, do I need to buy mount brackets for the 98+ bumper I am going to put on, or will it bolt onto the factory mounts?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be very intrested in buying headlights later if I knew how much a core support costs and how hard it is to install. Anyone got any tasty info?

·
Registered
577 Posts
15009394 is the p/n for a core support I think gm parts direct sells it for $90 plus shipping. It isnt really hard to swap out but it is time consuming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for the pigtails now. Any ideas on where I can pick them up and for how much? Also How do the new headlights attch to the truck since you can't use the old bracket. Will one have to be made or what??
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have a friend of mine that wants the 96 front end and he is willing to swap everything straight out, let me know if this will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts