S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 99 blazer with one of those horrible Cassette players down in the floor console and it rattles like no other.....

Anyway, could anyone walk me through how to remove my floor console (screw locations etc...) so I don't break shit? Pictures would help if possible......

Any help is appreciated.....thanks

:bowtie: for life

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
There's 2 nuts in the very bottom of the console that hold it to the floor. I forget exactly how the bucket shitholder thing comes out to get to the bolts, but I think it just pulls out. Anyways, up front you have to pry up the tray in front of the tape player and pull it out. It's just clipped in place. There are 2 more nuts under there holding it to the floor, and of course the harness for the tape player.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, from what I can tell the whole console is in two main pieces, and they break apart right around the cassette tape junk holder...... I can see the two bolts at the front of the cassette player under the little black cover, but I can't see the ones back farther right after the arm rest door thing.......... The thing is so loose and sloppy, I mean the plastic cassete mounting braket that holds the player in place is so weak and flimsy is flexes too much..........

Any of you out there with a digital cam , a pic for the back two bolts for the front console piece so I can get that shitty cassette player out would be so helpful.....thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts