S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i am not going to lie.. i did not come up with the flasher/relay mod.. Zeeke98 did and showed me...i wish i did..but here we go...

but here are the pics i just took of me doing it..
here is the unit

use a small screw driver to pry open the case..there are spots on both sides to pry

once you get it open it will look like this

i am pointing to the leg on the ic chip that has to be removed

with the edge of the razor put the end under the leg of the resistor...and apply light pressure to pop the leg up...you can also use a fine tip solder iron to heat up the solder and then pry it up...but i did this with a razor

snap the cover back on and you are good to go...

on 98+ s-series this is located behind the glove box door on the passenger side...it has a small green strap holding it in..push that aside and pull the unit out.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for showing us this. I believe I did the modification right because if I pull out a bulb the system doesn't flash fast. So that's good. I still can't get my tailights to flash. As I was testing without the truck running and it started to flash. Possibly works with lower voltage. I tried adding a 6ohm resistor. Parrallel or series still no good. It may be the type of led.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,237 Posts
Did you notice there was only one other answer since 2008? Threads that old have a DNR. Let them rest in peace.

Closed.

BTW...just get an electronic flasher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.