S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1998 4.3v6 blazer wont take fuel when its cold but after the motor warms up it's fine
It has around 55 psi pressure on it but drops about 5 pounds every 5-10 minutes until it goes back to zero
It has a new Delphi pump as well as filter .
Like I said after it warms up it will start and run and accelerate as it should .

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,627 Posts
fpr= fuel pressure regulator or fuel filter. try a filter first.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,672 Posts
my 1998 4.3v6 blazer wont take fuel when its cold but after the motor warms up it's fine
It has around 55 psi pressure on it but drops about 5 pounds every 5-10 minutes until it goes back to zero
It has a new Delphi pump as well as filter .
Like I said after it warms up it will start and run and accelerate as it should .
You say it drops..is this with the engine running or stopped?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You say it drops..is this with the engine running or stopped?
It only drops if it sits for a while and not running.
That’s why it doesn’t seem like a fuel issue all together .
A buddy of mine said to check the temperature sensor that it can cause a rough idle and fuel like symptoms until it warmed up
Does that seem right ?

·
Registered
598 Posts
When the intake coolant temp sensor goes out, it floods the engine and makes it almost undriveable. Doesn't get better when warmed up because the sensor is AWOL.
It's easy to test - buy a new sensor, plug it in and lay it on top of the intake. Then start it cold and see if anything changes. If it fixed it, just swap it out in the intake.

If not, keep the sensor, they go out quite a bit and a good one could bail you out if one does go bad on you someday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts