S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a forever sharp steering wheel but there adapter kit only goes up to a 94. S10. Will that adapter work on a 98? Any help will be great

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
yes, it only goes up to 94 because of the airbag
correct me if im wrong bro but cant he just delete the air bag and its the same bolt up pattern? Yes I understand removing the air bag is illegal

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dclarkjr, i just order billet steering wheel from ebay few days ago too. yes it will fit, just like gimp said delete air bag, there is a thread that nate installed on his purple bd truck..

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
correct me if im wrong bro but cant he just delete the air bag and its the same bolt up pattern? Yes I understand removing the air bag is illegal
yea, im saying the adapter only says up to 94 because it's illegal to remove the airbag. the adapter will still work on a 95+

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the help! I know it's illegal but I done this before on my 96 caprice that had a airbag. I just can't leave things stock!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a how to but the pics don't work. Ill see how it goes I guess once the wheel arrives

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Dclarkjr, Did you get your billet steering wheel yet? I got it last week. It looked awsome on my truck.The only sucks is horn button not setup right. When i took out my old wire and rewire connect to new horn button, so as soon i put on steering wheel and it blast the horn on not stop. I scratch my head and i said wtf!. Did you finger it out? or same problem as i did?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Billet Specialties make a 96-03 steering wheel adapter for non-airbag vehicles. When you remove the steering wheel and airbag, you have to pull all the wiring and air bag sensor or the light will always stay on. I had a local bodyshop remove my steering wheel and install the new one for $45.00. Why a bodyshop?? They are always removing steering wheels from newer cars and trucks. Mine is a 96, it took them 30 minutes from start to finish. Jegs.com and summitracing.com sell that adapter.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slammedstepside
I got my new wheel but have not installed it yet. Looking for a good how to!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts