S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need everyone's help, if you own a s-series with the 5-speed full console (not the small one that comes with bench seats) can you look for a gm part # for the shifter boot. It's gotta be somewhere on the boot itself, most likely the underside.

Damn dealerships don't even have diagrams for the 5-speed consoles and I bought one without the boot. Would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Attachments

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
i'm not 100% on this but the number i get from the book is 15160569 but i can't tell if its the isulator between the trans and the cab or the shift boot. looks more the like the shift boot pic is to small.
hope it helps

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twin-10s said:
i'm not 100% on this but the number i get from the book is 15160569 but i can't tell if its the isulator between the trans and the cab or the shift boot. looks more the like the shift boot pic is to small.
hope it helps
Cool, any way you can look on yours and see if that number is correct? Thanks

·
Never Finished
1,599 Posts
not to whore your thread, but how did you get your stick off? I've tried turning the nut on the bottom, but I can't get it loose. Which way does it turn?

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Xtreme03 said:
not to whore your thread, but how did you get your stick off? I've tried turning the nut on the bottom, but I can't get it loose. Which way does it turn?
If I remember correctly once you loosen the nut on the bottom, your turn the shifter counter clockwise (left) just like any regular nut/bolt.

meangreen said:
werd, and where did you get your stick at?
Talking about my billet one?

·
used to have an S-10
126 Posts
i had to take my shifter off several times, when i had my s10
all I did was unscrew the shiftstick (counterclock wise)
they use loctite on the threads to tighten it

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
runswithatchet said:
damn, your interior looks sik!!! good job
Thanks bro, appreciate that.

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BrandonPage22 said:
where did you get your shifter?
I bought it from Dealers Sportrck in Los Alamitos, CA. They advertise in most of the truck magazines, and have been going there for parts since they opened.

·
///RA
1,114 Posts
sorry to whore your thread but what is that and how did you do that on your dash bezel and door handle covers??

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
krs02noma said:
sorry to whore your thread but what is that and how did you do that on your dash bezel and door handle covers??
Are you talking about the snake skin look?

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: 98 Console

Stealthy4 said:
The part number for the shifter boot is 15718187
Thanks guys for the help, called the Dealer and GM list price is $35. But there is only 28 of them in the whole US, none on the west coast of course so I said screw it and I'll have one made for half that.

·
MiniStyle Magazine
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
andrews94sdime said:
Slammed99s10
I was wondering would you still happen to have that stock shifter and if so would you sell it? And how much would you take for it.
You talking about the stock black shifter or the console part?
Either or I'll give it to ya for $10 + shipping since it just taking up space in my garage?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would you sell me the shifter and the console for for 10 bucks plus shipping if ya would man i'd appreciate it. Just send me the price for shipping the zip code is 72650, and your address man and i'll have a money order sent to ya.

Thanks man

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would you sell me the shifter and the console for for 10 bucks plus shipping if ya would man i'd appreciate it. Just send me the price for shipping the zip code is 72650, and your address man and i'll have a money order sent to ya.

Thanks man

1 - 20 of 23 Posts