S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Lots of info on this awesome site.
~ When I bought this motor, yet uncranked, 3 years ago, it had been set up with an Edelbrock intake - no carb. I purchased the 500cfm Edelbrock for it. This carb feeds from the passenger side, and from the front. The Vega has an in-tank new electric fuel pump and sending unit, one line, no return. The new hard line extends along the underbody along the side to the firewall where it has a compression fitting to an -6AN fitting on a Russell stainless braided fuel line. The banjo fitting at the carb is made to feed from the front as the threaded port for the pressure gauge faces the passenger side, but when the banjo fitting is reversed to feed from the rear, not only is it too long, but the gauge port is clocked to the driver side.
~Custom work takes time if you want it done right I suppose. A machine shop is cutting and tigging the fuel line connection for me. I'll have to polish it up where they tigged it.
~ The 82 S-10 still sits, waiting for the Vega project to complete. I crank it every couple of months, lifter still ticks.
The Vega project build, if you care to see it with lots of shots of the 4.3, is at the..... H-body dot org....click forums - under project builds / FrankenVega/FrankenCosworth.
~ We used a few S-10 parts. Spindles- Axles- Brakes - a Corvette master cylinder- Dodge Neon electric fan- Volkswagen Jetta power distribution block- Pontiac Sunbird Air Conditioning - Chevy Monza tilt steering & center console - Pontiac G5 leather seats.

·
Registered
327 Posts
V6 Vega projects are fun. I did two of them back in 1982 and 1983. Both swaps used 3.8 Chevy motors , and both cars were GT’s. One used the V8 Monza cable clutch Chevy bellhousing and Saginaw 4spd, and the other a T350 trans with TCC that was operated with a switch on the dashboard.

So much fun and good memories. Have fun with your build

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mine didn't look nearly that nice. I don't really have a bunch of pictures (it was a long time ago), but I do have one crappy video (you can thank my girlfriend at the time for the video quality).

YouTube

1 - 9 of 9 Posts