S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Representin G-ville
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help with which wire to hook the tach sending wire to on the computer. autometer said pin 10 on the black connector white wire, i tried that and it reads zero, maybe the wrong pin 10? please help

1999 s10 2.2l

·
Registered
311 Posts
You got the right plug and right pin, tach feed. Are you sure the tach works, I wire an old Sun tach to that same wire and works great.

·
Registered
82 Posts
when i went to install my auto meter tach,i had the same problem,would get power,but it stayed at zero.i was told by autometer that the 98+ was like a 2 square wave or something like that and i needed a tach adapter for it

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
true but i don't know anything about where to start looking for it on the computer side. it may go through the coil module after/before the computer, so it may make a difference where you get the wire at.

·
Registered
82 Posts
doest make a difference.i tried both at the cluster and the ecm.it's the same.gm used a square wave voltage pattern on the 98+'s so u have to get a tach adapter.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
no you don't i have a 2000 hombre and i hooked my shift light directly into the harness in the dash. no problems, works fine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts