S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally started! Ive had the truck for a couple years now just sitting waiting to be converted. I bought the truck from a guy nearby. I traded him 2 Subwoofers in a box, 2 amps and $100 I think. I totaled it all up to about $600. Truck had a rod knock in the 2.2L and a good 5spd Tranny. 150k on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is the pics of the donor car. I suggest to anyone who is building something similar to go this route. I bought the 94 Camaro z28 shown for $2100 ($100 for the guy to tow it). It had a bad trans in it. Motor is very fresh. I stole the motor and harness out and parted out the rest. I currently have sold $3300ish in parts which covers my cost for the car, truck and more. I know its a big hit in cash to get going but its worth it. And I got what I needed and more

I am actually thinking of doing it again just to fund the project a little more. If I find the right deal.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now for the truck, I ripped the motor and trans out so far. Set the new motor in place and marked up the mods I will have to make. Some beating in the firewall, notching the frame for the AC Compressor, and cutting up the AC box.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is another pic of the motor which is where I am today with the build. I will admit I dont have tons of time to work on it each week but ive been going steady with it. Its not my daily driver so there is no rush and I can take my time and do everything right.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My current plans are as followed...

Purchased already
LT1 and harness - from donor
96 LT!/T56 harness from donor car sale (guy had it long story)
T56 - purchased already still need the clutch pressureplate flywheel setup as well as a slave cylinder

Sanderson shorty conversion headers and fit well so far despite all the horror stories.
Conversion mounts
98+ front end conversion :)
Im going to merge my 2 harnesses together and document it well for those who will need it. Not too much good info out there everyone ponies up the $800 for CP harness.

Still need
Taurus or Intrepid Fan
4.3 radiator
LT4 Hot Cam Kit
Clutch setup as stated before
Driveshaft (probably purchase one instead of modding mine)
Rear at some point. Leaning towards a 2wd blazer posi)

Need to get teh frame welded and custom exhaust work later.

Im sure Im forgetting stuff. Any input would be great

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also do currently have some parts available from my sonoma and from the camaro. Mainly from the sonoma the

2.2 radiator,
complete front clip, minus bumper
exhaust manifold
intake manifold with injectors
fairly new ignition coil and wires
Possibly driveshaft
Rear
rear bumper

Camaro I just have some misc. stuff like some interior parts and wheel wells and such

1 - 6 of 6 Posts