S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 97 Fairway Green Sanoma Spyder in it stock form. It sport 265 HP H.O. V6 with automatic CL80E transmission. It is a 4/5 drop over the stock S-10 platform. And the rims are a set of MK Motorsport Spyder 18" x 9" front and 18" x 11" rear. The tires are 275/40/18 front and 315/35/18 rear. This picture is about two years old. I have done some major modifications since then. I thought it would be cool to send a photo of stock, and then send the photo's in a course of progression. More to come
Late!
Spyder

Attachments

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
I thought spyder's were convertables?:confused: :uhoh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 97 Florida Based dealership bought 500 Sanoma extended cab ZQ8's with Auto trannies with a bad ass corvette floor shifter and custom center console. The ZQ8's V6 was massaged by go fast goodie machine shop in Hollywood Florida. They ported polished the heads and put bigger throtle body and mass air and injectors with a computer upgrade. The kit also has killer 6 way adjustable bucket seats and trick electric mirrors(sure beat the sucky stock looking ones, and of course the pre mentioned 18" rims and Tires.

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Spyder said:
This is my 97 Fairway Green Sanoma Spyder in it stock form. It sport 265 HP H.O. V6 with automatic CL80E transmission. It is a 4/5 drop over the stock S-10 platform. And the rims are a set of MK Motorsport Spyder 18" x 9" front and 18" x 11" rear. The tires are 275/40/18 front and 315/35/18 rear. This picture is about two years old. I have done some major modifications since then. I thought it would be cool to send a photo of stock, and then send the photo's in a course of progression. More to come
Late!
Spyder
275 tires up front? what the **** everyone else rubs with 255s on 4 and 5" drops how you getting away with a 275/40/18. how much rubbing are you getting?

bad ass truck though. i wish they offered special packages like that here in south cali id be all over buying one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are rubbing because of your offset on your front and usually rear offset aswell. When a big corporation or dealer does something there is a blank check involved. When money is no object you can have rims made to exact tolerances. Most rims even some exspensive rims share there back spacing with others perfect examole a Sebring and mustang have same bolt pattern but different offset. 99% of wheels sold for sebrings are for mustangs offset. Anyone can have a big money company like HRS Wheels and others build them custom offsets but it costs alot. That is how I can have 275 as well as 315 with no rubbing even lowered.

·
Ranger Invaider
102 Posts
Man that is one nice looking truck and it sounds quiet impressive as well. Any other specs on the truck itself? I'm curious what kind of torque it has and 1/4 times if you have them. Man with 265 HP I think I would actually be satisfied.

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Spyder said:
You are rubbing because of your offset on your front and usually rear offset aswell. When a big corporation or dealer does something there is a blank check involved. When money is no object you can have rims made to exact tolerances. Most rims even some exspensive rims share there back spacing with others perfect examole a Sebring and mustang have same bolt pattern but different offset. 99% of wheels sold for sebrings are for mustangs offset. Anyone can have a big money company like HRS Wheels and others build them custom offsets but it costs alot. That is how I can have 275 as well as 315 with no rubbing even lowered.
what backspacing do the wheels have? will they tuck if you go any lower?

i had 18x8.5s with 225/40/18 rubber on them and they just barely cleared the outside fenderlip and yet still rubbed (only a lil bit) at full wheel lock. if the wheels had any less backspacing they wouldnt tuck. i cant see how 18x9s with 275 would fit without any other modifications.

·
Registered
14 Posts
is there any kind of spec sheet or info to document what was done to the engine to reach those numbers? I would be satisfied with that kind of HP. Imagine that setup with a blower? Very interested.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
This is not a factory truck. There is no such thing as a GMC Sonoma Spyder. If you look at the spyder stickers they are directly off of the Mitsubishi Eclipse. It is a fake truck. Kind of like people have the a Ford Ranger Xtreme. It is something that maybe the dealership did but I would love to see dyno sheets showing you have 265hp and showing that ZQ8 Suspension because I am pretty sure they ZQ8 wasn't produced until 1998. I am not positive on this but I believe someone made this truck and tricked you into thinking it is faster and has more hp that it really has. Please post the original window sticker so we can see all the options......Please I would love to see it.

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
zq8s been out since 96 i belive so he my have it. bu then if he has the zq8 hes really only got a 3.5/4.5 drop i he added spindles and 3" blocks. zq8 isnt a true 2" drop they get the extra 1/2" from the smaller diameter tires.

Dan P. said:
This is not a factory truck. There is no such thing as a GMC Sonoma Spyder. If you look at the spyder stickers they are directly off of the Mitsubishi Eclipse. It is a fake truck. Kind of like people have the a Ford Ranger Xtreme. It is something that maybe the dealership did but I would love to see dyno sheets showing you have 265hp and showing that ZQ8 Suspension because I am pretty sure they ZQ8 wasn't produced until 1998. I am not positive on this but I believe someone made this truck and tricked you into thinking it is faster and has more hp that it really has. Please post the original window sticker so we can see all the options......Please I would love to see it.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Are you positive it came out in 96? Because the first hugger that was a concept truck was just made then and I am pretty sure the S10 SS didn't have the ZQ8 suspension until 1998..

·
draggin 72 member
91 Posts
Dan P. said:
Are you positive it came out in 96? Because the first hugger that was a concept truck was just made then and I am pretty sure the S10 SS didn't have the ZQ8 suspension until 1998..
yep in 96 they uped the zq8 package to come with the 16" rims and 1.5 drop coils and leafs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I must say I am truly shocked there has been this much discussion about my truck! If I would have known there was this many people that thought it looked this good stock I would have never took the welder and fiberglass to it. Well back to the comments. as for SOB's(SlammedO1Blazer):-0 Question I really don't know what the exact backspacing is. I would be glad to find out to help you out if you are truly interested. I will get a slight rub if the wheel is turned hard while I enter a drive or dip, but otherwise no rubbing. As for 2002 ZQ8's question No they did not give me a receipt or anything like that it just said 265 HP dealer installed option.I did not need the sticker, I could tell instantly that the truck had the balls to rival most detroit muscle cars. To reply to Dan P's statement I never said it was a factory truck and I quote"

In 97 a Florida based dealership bought 500 Sanoma extended cab ZQ8's with Auto trannies with a bad ass corvette floor shifter and custom center console. The ZQ8's V6 was massaged by go fast goodie machine shop in Hollywood Florida. They ported & polished the heads and put a bigger throttle body and mass air and injectors with a computer upgrade. The kit also has killer 6 way adjustable bucket seats and trick electric mirrors(sure beat the sucky stock looking ones, and of course the pre mentioned 18" rims and Tires."

As for the emblems I said the very same thing(by the way there is an emblem on the glove box that resembles the drop tops copyright too) I am ashamed that someone that has a screen name with the words ZQ8 would not know that the ZQ8 package was indeed offered before 1998. I do not keep window stickers for my vehicles I am not 80 or feel like I am in need of keeping this truck long enough or in stock form that would constitute keeping for resale. That is almost as tacky as leaving the Tommy tags or Nike tags on your stuff to let people know Heh I can afford the good stuff. When you truly can afford it you don't have to prove it. SOB is correct once again the factory ZQ8 has only 1 1/2 dropped coils in the front. I did ditch the factory suspension for bell tech drop spindles and dearched leaf springs(soon to be HAL 1 Bag overs on all four corners with a 4 link) Now if I got my hands on a Hugger I might keep the window sticker :) Dan as for Dyno's and time slips from the track, this is stuff that would be way to easy to false(I am sure there is alot of guilty parties reading this) I would prefer to give and receive a video or vcd or even AVI files of ones truck at the track to prove if one has let their mouth write a check their ass can't cash. I am sorry I was not prepared to combat any litigations. I thought this was a informative page to give and receive advise to each other. And help each other with our own personal problems and experience.
I was not aware this was a dick measuring page! I was hoping to interact with people that shared the same passion for the greatest truck to ever built foriegn or domestic. I am not here to say look at my truck it is the best, my truck is in about 8 different colors right now(if you count the different shade primer is.) I will try to answer and send photos to back up everything I say from now on! Like my saying says " Don't Talk About It, Be About It "
I wanted to say waz up to SSONNOS it was his homepage that brought me here from Google. I had a stock 91 Syclone except no cat and 100 shot of spray. When I could keep the blower type tube in between the intercooler and throttle body on it, I would run consistant high 11's. I am glad to see someone else that doesn't sacrafice good looks for speed! Well my Wife just came out here to see what I am doing in just a towel(she hates the computer)maybe I am gonna get lucky:0
Late!

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
well, what ever it is, it looks sick!!!! Please dont tell me you changed it too much! :D

and its sonoma :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did not plan on posting more pictures so soon, But since there has been so much feedback about it I will. Please refrain from telling me how big of an idiot I am for cutting up this truck. It is construction stage right now, but I have this vision and if you have vision tooo you can see it is going to look even better than before. I will go scan some pictures I have. Be right back.

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
I don't care what everyone else says either. That truck is awesome! Have you ever had it at the track? I might believe a time if you were to post one. (as long as you don't say 10's) Why did you get rid of the Sy?

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
I am real interested in your backspacing! Im putin 17x8.5's up front and would just like to know what ur runnin. thanks in advance.:D Sweet truck tooo!

·
Rhody ZR2
12 Posts
Spyder said:
Well I must say I am truly shocked there has been this much discussion about my truck!

I was not aware this was a dick measuring page! I was hoping to interact with people that shared the same passion for the greatest truck to ever built foriegn or domestic.
dude... your telling us that the engine in your truck right now is getting 265 horsepower and you bought it like that... i think that is f-ckin awesome, and i think your truck looks awesome...

there is so much discussion bc EVERY person on this board would like to get that much outta their own 4.3... if you have owned a syclone before, then i definitely believe that you could tell whether the 4.3 in your truck had alot of power or not... i think we all would love to know exactly what was done to the truck to get that kinda yield, pretty much so we could all do it/get it done ourselves! ha ha...

these "fiberglass and welding" plans sound like youve got some mean ideas... id definitely like to see more pics

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.