S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Its part of the tranny xmember. Those 3 bolts hold it to the frame. The xmember shouldn't be welded...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
That triangle thing is the bracket. It is held to frame via the three bolts. The x-member is then welded to the bracket, and the tranny is mounted to the x-member via one bolt underneath the tailshaft output or so.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SlammedDime said:
That triangle thing is the bracket. It is held to frame via the three bolts. The x-member is then welded to the bracket, and the tranny is mounted to the x-member via one bolt underneath the tailshaft output or so.
i see guys taking this triangle plate off to lay frame, what do they do to replace it?

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
I went down and looked at mine, and I realize I was wrong... there are three bolts on the triangle. Two are bolted to the frame, and one is bolted to the x-member.

What can you do??? If you have a weldor, and some spare time, and some extra steel, you can fab up your own tranny x-member, otherwise, you gotta deal with it.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlammedDime said:
I went down and looked at mine, and I realize I was wrong... there are three bolts on the triangle. Two are bolted to the frame, and one is bolted to the x-member.

What can you do??? If you have a weldor, and some spare time, and some extra steel, you can fab up your own tranny x-member, otherwise, you gotta deal with it.
i know this sounds stupid, but what do you mean i have to deal with it, can i just bolt it back up? what is this plate actually doing to the x-member???thanks for you help again...

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
You aren't clearly asking a question, not that I've seen...

Are you saying that of all three bolts that are supposed to be there, you only have one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts