S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to disable the ABS in the truck but there's no underhood fuse box, and the one in the side panel by the driver doesn't list ABS. Fuse 12 says its for "brake" could that be it?

The ABS system is malfunctioning, sometimes it'll come on on its own without the wheels locking up. I don't like ABS and have spent most of my life driving without it. This is also the only vehicle I can drive right now and it could be days until I can start troubleshooting it. I need to be able to drive it.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,645 Posts
I want to disable the ABS in the truck but there's no underhood fuse box, and the one in the side panel by the driver doesn't list ABS. Fuse 12 says its for "brake" could that be it?

The ABS system is malfunctioning, sometimes it'll come on on its own without the wheels locking up. I don't like ABS and have spent most of my life driving without it. This is also the only vehicle I can drive right now and it could be days until I can start troubleshooting it. I need to be able to drive it.
Fuse 9 is for the abs, but it's for the fuel pump and other functions.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Should be able to disconnect one or both of the connectors at the ABS module. The module gets power directly from the 12V busbar on the driver fender and uses a fusible link instead of a fuse for the main power on the 97 model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts