S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
professional sh*t talker
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it's like i said i'll be driving down the road and it will just shut off like i turn the key back.if i'm moving when it happens the dash lights will come on like i just started it and the bell will start chimeing.i took the colum apart and i think its the black box under the ignition cylinder.i pushed all the wires in and it seemed to stop for a while but now it's happening agian.has anyone had this happen to them,and can i replace that box ? is that box the ignition switch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!

I have had similiar problems (truck stalling while driving) and replaced the ignition switch on my Blazer 1997. I have not had this problem over a week now.

·
professional sh*t talker
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i pushed the wires back in to the black box and it was fine for a while , but then it started to do it again . i guess i'll just take it apart and clean the connections in there and see how it is.if that doesn't work i guess i'll get the switch.

·
Spare Parts Pack Rat
583 Posts
A girl at work is having the same problem with her Blazer except that instead of dying while driving she can't turn hers off. She has to turn the key on and off several times to get it to shut off. She was told that the black box you mentioned was the problem. She was quoted $175, but I'm not sure if that was just for a new box or if that included the labor to change it. My guess would be that price was just for the box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts