S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a conversion kit to change it to a 98+ front end and i cant remeber where i saw it. if anyone knows of one please let me know.

also intrested in the trailblazer or colorado conversions. do they come in kits or just have to buy all the parts sepratly?.?.?

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
you saw the kit from fbi. they have it but its a rip off. trailblazer and colorado isnt a kit, you have to fab fenders, hood, core support, etc. Look around, you can find the conversion cheap. I got my whole 98 front clip for 56 bux.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
how much does it cost to buy it all sepratlyy???
trailblazer or colorado or 98+ front end?

No idea on the TB or colorado.
He got a killer deal on his front end.
I got my grille, bumper, radiator core at a junk yard,
Headlamps and turn signals on ebay.
I think i spent maybe 200 bucks total without the bumper cover. Just look for deals man.

·
51,327 Posts
i wouldn't pay that much..if the above poster said he had all his stuff for around $200 and a bumper and valance can be had for at or below $100, thats still only 100 bucks...

lets see 300...450....lets try to weigh the advantages here...

that should just scream stay away from FBI, i'm sure with that you also just get a shitty aftermarket grille, and not an OEM one..

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
fbi's coversion is not a good deal. Like I said in the first post, look around. There is better and cheaper stuff out there. I got all OEM stuff on my truck for 56 bux. Now I know you probably wont find that good of deal, but you can find something cheaper than 450.

·
Viva La Revolution
272 Posts
i bought the fbi kit before i knew about this site and it was freaking expensive
the only thing left from it that i kept is the core support so if you wanna buy the chrome bumper pm me

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
everything 56 bux?
how

got lucky i guess... I went to the local pull a part, I was looking for some seats for my 1st gen. while walking down the aisles, I found the conversion. I took everything off, went to pay for it. I had everthing in 2 wheel barrows. The lady at the counter only rang up half of the stuff. I told her about what she didnt ring up and she said, " you come in here alot so dont worry about it." So really I only paid for the core support, headlights, and lower valance.

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
got lucky i guess... I went to the local pull a part, I was looking for some seats for my 1st gen. while walking down the aisles, I found the conversion. I took everything off, went to pay for it. I had everthing in 2 wheel barrows. The lady at the counter only rang up half of the stuff. I told her about what she didnt ring up and she said, " you come in here alot so dont worry about it." So really I only paid for the core support, headlights, and lower valance.
God damn, I've got to go to a different state for a junk yard lol. Around here, they'd see you had two wheel barrows, let you walk out with only ringing in one and then call the cops and say you stole the rest. On topic though, I agree that the FBI kit is a rip off. You could easily find parts at a junk yard, this or other forums classifieds, or maybe someone that wants to do a 94-97 conversion will trade you (not too great of a chance of that though).

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
God damn, I've got to go to a different state for a junk yard lol. Around here, they'd see you had two wheel barrows, let you walk out with only ringing in one and then call the cops and say you stole the rest. On topic though, I agree that the FBI kit is a rip off. You could easily find parts at a junk yard, this or other forums classifieds, or maybe someone that wants to do a 94-97 conversion will trade you (not too great of a chance of that though).

:lol:

·
32,797 Posts
Don't buy anything from FBI.

Not only do they overprice their aftermarket stuff, they try to scam niave people into buying their rip-off membership.

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Oh, yeah. They are nowhere near nice to anyone, they damn near always search everyone (their toolbox that is) when leaving and have called the cops a few times. Plus, sometimes I can find stuff on here for cheaper. They want $60 for a set of Blazer tails that you had to go get, if you could find them that is. I got them on here for like 35 with very few cracks. I'll stop talking about this though, because I'm taking this thread way off topic lol.

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
Oh, yeah. They are nowhere near nice to anyone, they damn near always search everyone (their toolbox that is) when leaving and have called the cops a few times. Plus, sometimes I can find stuff on here for cheaper. They want $60 for a set of Blazer tails that you had to go get, if you could find them that is. I got them on here for like 35 with very few cracks. I'll stop talking about this though, because I'm taking this thread way off topic lol.

Well if there is something you need, PM me. I will look for it the next time I go. I wont charge you anything extra for it. You pay the price and shipping. Go to this site and you can see what the prices are

www.pullapart.com

just go to part pricing

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahah i got a set of blazer tails for free when i bought a blazer grille hahahahah
i dont care keep talkin bout it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts