S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm on the gas lightly it wants to sputter/chug like it's getting to much fuel and missing have code for multiple random misfire also misfire cylinder one code have replaced MAF, MAP, PCV, Cannisters purge valve, new cap, rotor, acdelco iridium plugs, belden wires, throttle response is slow can't quite figure it out I'm thinking either timing is off/timing chain is loose or it's the spider injector truck has 162,000 original miles where should I go from here any help is appreciated haven't been driving cause of the misfire need to get the ole girl back on the road

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have you checked your O2 sensor voltage readings with a scan tool? They should be going up and down then back up and down.

What's your fuel pressure like?

Have you done any vacuum readings?

You really should be able to narrow it down to something, I would think?

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked your O2 sensor voltage readings with a scan tool? They should be going up and down then back up and down.

What's your fuel pressure like?

Have you done any vacuum readings?

You really should be able to narrow it down to something, I would think?

Good luck.
Fuel pressure holds at 60 psi for 30 minutes does not drop down at all. I've replaced bank 1 sensor 1 bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 1 sensor 3 I'm thinking that cats smoked to you can hammer down on it and it'll blow black smoke this chasing has been a pain in the butt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mis-fire or stumble? My EGR had a lot of carbon in it...cleaned it out...been good ever since.
It was missing but it's still acts like it does sometime when I'm barely on the gas it chugs a little all the way up to 55 and then when I'm holding speed it's fine if I barely let off the gas it chugs/stumbles

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the distributor shaft play. It's a common issue that the gear and bushings wear out. I had a lot of misfires, stumbles under load. When i look at the timingcurve on my diagnostictool it was not stable.After switching the distributor to a new one, the truck runs very smoothly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts