B4U Task Force Admin
28,397 Posts
Here’s the back half of the frame.
1617749833121.jpeg

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,397 Posts
Responding to blakearonson:
Thanks for the affirmation. Much appreciated.
Rather than Type Responding to xxxx

You can hit the reply button in their post...like I did.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Responding to Harley:
Thanks, for your consistency and follow up and not jumping ship, LOL. If what I'm looking for can be found and delivered w/on the $1000 - $1200 range (all in / all inclusive), that may be doable :)
I'm pretty happy w/everybody's feedback on here and @remops idea of buying a running truck from a better climate area, bringing it home & parting it out, to get at the frame makes sense, as well . . . ‘though unfortunately, it wouldn’t be able to be a feasible consideration, for personal situation – ‘though still of course appreciated, nevertheless. And all of the suggestions of the more friendlier regions & localities (including @remops’s) – as far as weather-wise, as related to wear and tear on frames – are of course, helpful, as well. That being said, I took an advance peek at your private message, and will probably be contacting you via info therein, fairly soon :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Responding to Rhotpursuit
Thanks. Yup, that's what I do. I click on the reply button on whoever's message I'm responding to, but for whatever reason, my replies aren't attaching as to whoever's message I'm responding to, like a running string of conversation with whoever the person may be, but rather, they're just kind of inserting into the overall sting of conversation, and so, ‘cause that just kind of throws me off, depending on where they “land” – which sometimes can seem to include just “piling up at the bottom” - that's the only way I've been able to keep my replies identified, as far as who I'm responding to, for future reference. A pain in the a _ _, I know – and so I apologize to anyone I may be driving crazy with that - but it's been working for me, and helping me to keep my sanity, LOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One option maybe crazy. Is to find a truck in Montana that runs and drive it home. If you get a nice enough truck you could sell the parts off of it to recoup some of your cost. Montana vehicle are typically rust free. Another is to find one here in Memphis TN we do not use salt and you can find a rust free truck.
I’m just responding to this post since it mentioned Montana but it’s rea for the op.

Interesting that you should say find one in Montana my vin is
1GKDT13W0T2571791
and I am trying to sell it, but not for the price of a new frame. I’ve got over 7k into it with purchase fixing and making it smiling and happy. I’ll need at least 1/2 that (Actually leaning closer to 4k but that’s just leaning). I’m certain that’s SIGNIFICANTLY more than you are willing to spend, but just know that it’s here if you get THAT DESPERATE!o_O;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Responding to Benush
Hay, thanks for the input / offer. Apologies for the delay in my getting back to you. Have been going through some intermittent periods of absolute, utter chaos and mayhem over on my end, that have been knocking me off track now and then, LOL - but always grateful for everyone's feedback, participation, offers, etc. And Your offer sounds good, but unfortunately, I'm already too far in, with what I've got into my own rig thus far, and not really wanting to "start anew" - or all over again" - so I'm gonna have to pass - 'though nevertheless grateful, as stated. But thanks for your time, and consideration. Peace :)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts