S-10 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
And some more setbacks :p

Mounted the fenders and hood today, and realized that the hood won´t clear.
How could I miss that?! I really don´t want to have a scoop on it, but lowering the engine is way to much work right now :/

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Been searching for solutions all night ;)

The cavalier intake is for 98+, so I need to cut and angle my original intake intake, and hope that that is enough :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Got a brand new 400A ac/dc tig to play with at work ;) So the welding won´t be a problem, will probably start messing with the hood clearance next week.
This week I´m building seats, a new shifter, and plan on fully welding the firewall, will try to get som pics tomorrow!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Testfit seats and shifter today!

The combination of a little:)rolleyes:) extra fat, a 3 1/2" BD and no tilt column means seriously low seats!

Next is mounts for the seats, putting some curves in the shifter, and to make some cushion for the seats.

My shifter is really sloppy, are there any parts that wear out, that I can change to fix that?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Got myself one of these boosters earlier this winter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191128243399

Mounted it today and hooked it up to the pedal, then when I were going to mount the master cylinder, I realised that the hole in the booster is too small!
The hole is about 40mm and the part of the cylinder that should go in to the hole is 45mm...

Too much setbacks the last few weeks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Were going to, but now I guess I need to find some other one that will fit the booster :p

Got the intake welded today, old, dirty aluminium is probably the worst stuff you can weld!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Yeah, atleast it wasn´t as nasty as the old oil pans I´ve welded for some friends. There is just no way to get all the oil out of the material in those!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Got the hood to close today, had to rebuild the mount for the throttle cable too.
Just realised that summer is coming way fast, and I need to get shit done!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Haha, I hope they still look good when I finish them!

I´m working hard on the truck now, plan is to pull it apart again next weekend, to fully weld the firewall and floor. Also paint the frame and lay down some new brake- and fuel lines.

If everything goes as planned, I will start putting it together early april, and be able to start cruisin in early may :D

61 - 80 of 92 Posts