S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 4.3 went out so i just bought a 2003 5.3 vortec:p what all do i need to do and change to make this work i want to use the nv3500 5 speed i have now the 5.3 comes complete all acc. wiring and computer plz help in any way u can thanks

nathan

·
More Go then Show
1,176 Posts
why does everyone want a manual?

I don't even think the nv3500 can handle that much, but i have no idea and could be wrong.

I'll i'm trying to say is build it strong, go with the t56 or 4l60(5)e or 4l80e

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
yes u can keep ur little NV3500, until the u start ripping on the motor, then u will be replacing it, everytime u rip on it you will be replacing the tranny. manuals are much more fun to drive, i understand this, but u must pay to play, better look for a T56.

·
LSx and V8 Mod
4,204 Posts
What is the manual trans they put behind some 4.8L and 5.3L in the manual Silverados?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Possibly the NV4500. I think that was only behind the 4.8 though.

I had a 4.3 with the NV3500... and to me it was more suited for stump pulling or towing than going fast. First gear was useless with the 4.3... I'd hate to see it behind a 5.3. Might as well start in 2nd everytime.

I'd go with the T-56 if I was set on a manual.

·
Good Bye SonomaST
7,145 Posts
just use the 4L60E, how hard are you going to be building the motor? just stock? then all i would do is put a vette servo, and then go get it dyno tuned and have them bump up the main line pressure a little bit. and maybe a new 1st and reverse drum, google "4L60E Beast", and u will find what im talking about. the drums have a tendency to break at the teeth if u beat on em to awfully hard

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what do u guys think what i should do as far a s wiring this is a budget build so i dont have much to spend on it mostly time

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why is that im doing all my own wiring and ive got the motor and trans already why is this costing everyone so much how much are u guys paying for the motor and trans

1 - 20 of 35 Posts