S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
71K miles, Service Engine Soon steady on. Brought to dealer and found "P0300" Engine misfire code. Dealer took out the head and cyl 1 both valves are rough black, cyl 3 valves smooth orange/red color, cyl 5 valves smooth grey ash color. Dealer will send head to machine shop to smooth out and check for other damage.
Any thoughts as to what may have caused this and suggestions for repair or replacement.

Thnx.

·
E. J.
75 Posts
Different?

And, your question is different from mine, how?

Although, I haven't removed the heads from mine, the plugs look fine.

What did the head gasket look like, between 1 and 3? If the gasket is intact, they're wasting your time, and money, sending it to a machine shop.

Just a thought, to compare your prob to mine. Pull the distributor cap and check to see where the spark is jumping to the rotor. On the advanced side of the terminal, the back side, or directly toward the center of the cap? Also, look on the rotor. Is it on one corner, more than anywhere else, or in the center of the terminal?

Anybody else have ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I didn't see the gasket. I can say that she's had tiny bit of an oil leak (not enough to stain the driveway) for a while and occasionally would blow some blue smoke at startup.
Dealer Says -
The valve(s) in cyl 1 was not closing correctly.
I'll have her back mid next week. I'll check the rotor and let you know.

Thanks.

·
E. J.
75 Posts
A decent repair shop should have saved the gasket to show you.

Hope the valve job helps.

Waiting to hear about the cap and rotor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts