S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 96 s-10 was running great parked it in the evening and in the morning when i tried to start it , it just made a thunk noise?
so i have replaced the starter , fuses are good , battery is good and charged, i have also followed the wires from the starter to the battery and the smaller wire, untill it enters the large main harness. if anyone has any ideas please toss em out , i have been trying to figure this out for the better part of the week and have run out of ideas......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a v6 base model. no it doesn't turn just thunks, a mechanic told me to check the relay and arc the 30 position with the 87 position so id to check for power and it sparked and then it wouldn't even thunk so i replaced the relay and it made a low clicking noise like if the battery was low/dead but only once then nothing

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,689 Posts
You might try pulling the plugs, disable the ignition and turn it over by hand. Might be hydro locked.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,689 Posts
Yes...turn the balancer. You can pull the ignition fuses, or disconnect the battery. Don't want any stray sparks if one of the cylinders is full of gas.

·
Gun Totin *******
1,257 Posts
If you have 1 or 2 of the replacement battery clamps that have a little metal bridge to hold the cable in might take a look at that. Caught me more than a couple time leading to no start clunk.

·
Registered
2003 Sonoma SLS ext. cab 4.3L / 4x4
562 Posts
If you have 1 or 2 of the replacement battery clamps that have a little metal bridge to hold the cable in might take a look at that. Caught me more than a couple time leading to no start clunk.
Yes indeed - that's why I won't use them (unless it's an emergency situation, until I can get the proper cable).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts