S-10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Update; A little over 3 years since the accident, and a settlement has not been reached. Have been through a mediation session.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
that sucks man.. keep fighting!!

·
<ST> Petition
2,469 Posts
3 years!! That sucks man. I had an insurance company call about my wreck today after almost a month. Dude kinda got pissy when I told him he would have to talk to my lawyer. I hope you get it straightened out soon, and I hope they dont drag mine out that long.

·
will detail for food
2,066 Posts
Wow. Wife and I were hit by a drunk driver whom just got out on drug charges. Pushed us to oncoming traffic and down a hill. He took off. I got a concussion and wife broke a bone in her back. Car almost totalled. We sued his insurance company, Her and I seperate. Both won. Then we sued our own insurance company because they dicked us around. Took us about 2-3 months, but we had everything covered and then some.

Hope it gets resolved soon. Get a new lawyer?

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
update. I okayed a settlement today. I cannot discuss details.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,347 Posts
Good for you. I hope it was substantial...now go invest it in something that will make you money in the long run.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
First time I've ever saw this thread, glad you finally got a settlement. Dang 3yrs...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Damn that sucks insurance companies take so long! It took me well over a year to settle my case when my wife and I got rear ended and she is still fighting her case. I used your thread as an example to this guy that thinks he is going to get rich real quick!! The important thing is that you are ok though!

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f86/check-this-out-510756/

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
update. I okayed a settlement today. I cannot discuss details.

since it is settled you can discuss details. LOL... :D

Congrats man. It took me just under 3 years to settle mine, its the best feeling in the world once its all done.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Damn that sucks insurance companies take so long! It took me well over a year to settle my case when my wife and I got rear ended and she is still fighting her case. I used your thread as an example to this guy that thinks he is going to get rich real quick!! The important thing is that you are ok though!

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f86/check-this-out-510756/
If I wouldn't accepted their final offer, I would have been sitting in court all day today.
I just read the thread you were referring to. That guy is going to get a dose of the real world.
Good luck with your wife's case.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
since it is settled you can discuss details. LOL... :D

Congrats man. It took me just under 3 years to settle mine, its the best feeling in the world once its all done.
Nothing is in ink yet. I can discuss details, but choose not to.
Mine was 3 years last May. I am looking forward to getting it all behind me.

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Nothing is in ink yet. I can discuss details, but choose not to.
Mine was 3 years last May. I am looking forward to getting it all behind me.
IDK how it is in Indiana, but once you have it in ink, it is surprisingly fast how quick the payout is transferred to your attorney. I had mine in less than 2 weeks i believe.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yeah I didn't have an attorney involved but once I settled it on the phone they faxed me the paper work and I reviewed and signed everything right away and faxed it back gave them my account info and my money posted to my account at midnight that night. Like I said no attornies were involved in mine though. The wifes is taking longer cause she was pregnant at the time of the accident and she hit the steering wheel pretty hard. Talk about a scary ass moment in life right there! Hopefully they won't take to long for you.

Another thing I will add is like in my case I didn't have personal health insurance so the hospital billed me for everything and I didn't pay them as I have a family to support and it wasn't my fault the accident had occured so naturally they sent the bills to collections and it went on my credit report. To get these removed I made the guys insurance company send checks directly to the hospital to show that it was never my debt to be responsible for. Once they were paid and I had the proof I sent that to the collections companies and by the next time I checked my credit they were all removed completly. I just threw that in there just incase you may have a similar situation on some of it.

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
Another thing I will add is like in my case I didn't have personal health insurance so the hospital billed me for everything and I didn't pay them as I have a family to support and it wasn't my fault the accident had occured so naturally they sent the bills to collections and it went on my credit report. To get these removed I made the guys insurance company send checks directly to the hospital to show that it was never my debt to be responsible for. Once they were paid and I had the proof I sent that to the collections companies and by the next time I checked my credit they were all removed completly. I just threw that in there just incase you may have a similar situation on some of it.
Mine was similar as well, the only deviation was my attorney threatened the creditors with legal action unless they submitted to us proof of removal from the creditors. Once we had that they were listed as the first payments to be made through the settlement.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I also had no health insurance, but had medical coverage on my auto policy, so my insurance paid the first 10 g's of the bills. The hospital has a lien on the settlement, so it isn't going against my credit. I paid several of the smaller bills to keep them out of collections, about a grand in all.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I guess I haven't updated in a while. Got the settlement check in March. All the bills are paid, and I got a little money left over.
My attorney made more from the settlement than I did.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts