S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he i bid on 95 trans am rims to go on my 91 1st gen s10, i guess i was bidding with out thinking of whether or not the bolt pattern will like up. I know 98ssonsos likes these kind of questions but anyone have any idea or imput onto my future outlook of these rims...

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yeah the bolt pattern is the same but you will probably need spacers cause they have to much backspace

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good tony, thanks :thumbup

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
i know about those wheels is cuase i wanted the same ones lol :thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i like them, i hope i win them because they already come with tires and it'll save me alot of trouble. They would looks sweet on my truck:werd:

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm in a simular boat. I know the bolt pattern is the same, but how much spacer do I need? Should I get longer studs and a spacer, or the 5 to 5 spacers with studs on them? How bad will these MoFo's rub the A frame? What size meats can I put on them? And what kind of drop can I put on my truck after words? I want Iroc's ,but it's kind of hard to pass up a set of 96 T/A Rims with rubber on them for $150 bucks!:shrug: :confused:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey i ended up buying the trans am rims, i think they look sweeeet. when i get them and get my lowering kit ill do it all at once and take pictures of it for you guys.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
They should have the same backspace as a zq8 wheel 5" I think
if they are 16" wheels.

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Cool...there is set of the same wheels for sale in the Trading post for $75. I think I'll get them!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've decide to forget about the T/A rims. I read somewhere else on this board that they hade almost 7 inches of backspacing and the spacers for them to make it fit are like 80 buck a pair. :jawdrop:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Hadley Hellhound said:
I've decide to forget about the T/A rims. I read somewhere else on this board that they hade almost 7 inches of backspacing and the spacers for them to make it fit are like 80 buck a pair.
I just bought spacers cuz I bought 18" saleen look-a-like wheels and they should have the same b/s as the new gen camaro/firebirds. And my spacers cost me right at $200!

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
I had the 95 trans ams on my 95 S-10...... 2" spacers up front and 2 to 2 and a half in the back. they look great, but if you drive alot its hard to get balanced right. lots of vibration

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
I'l think I'll pass on them now that I've heard the horror stories!

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
rhenry01 said:
I'l think I'll pass on them now that I've heard the horror stories!
horror stories about what? :confused:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
moon509 said:
I had the 95 trans ams on my 95 S-10...... 2" spacers up front and 2 to 2 and a half in the back. they look great, but if you drive alot its hard to get balanced right. lots of vibration
sweet where did you get the spacers from, becaus eim picking them up next week and if i pick them up before hand that would be awsome

·
Registered
29 Posts
My friend has the RS wheels from a Camaro on his 96 s-10, and the bolt pattern was just a puss* hair off, so he had to cut, I dont know if they are the same bolt pattern as the trans-am.

Attachments

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
Hold the phone....

the camaro wheels should have the same bolt pattern as the s10, He shouldn't have had to cut anything.

And thats a Nice Ride!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts