S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 95 nomma 2.2 5spd floods when you first start it cause you have to hold the gas pedal to the floor then it still takes a few mins to start but after it starts and you rev it up a few times it runs normal does anyone know what could cause this? and it also revs kinda high sometimes. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
my 95 nomma 2.2 5spd floods when you first start it cause you have to hold the gas pedal to the floor then it still takes a few mins to start but after it starts and you rev it up a few times it runs normal does anyone know what could cause this? and it also revs kinda high sometimes. Thanks in advance for your help

read what you wrote. you said that your truck floods but you hold it to the floor to start it. try cycling the switch on and off 2 or 3 times before cranking. dont hold it to the floor. if its easier to start then it might be a fuel issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I turned the switch on and off a few times and it will start right up everytime i do that:) so what does that mean it might be?

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
I turned the switch on and off a few times and it will start right up everytime i do that:) so what does that mean it might be?

it sounds like you dont have enough fuel pressure. I would check the fuel pressure and go from there. There is a schrader valve located on the side of the intake. It should have a green cap on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i havent had any time to work on it but i noticed it was smoking well i thought it was oil smoke but there was alot of it and i smelled it and it smelled like raw gas so it is flooding

·
Works too much!
4,679 Posts
i havent had any time to work on it but i noticed it was smoking well i thought it was oil smoke but there was alot of it and i smelled it and it smelled like raw gas so it is flooding

that can be a leaky fuel injector, o2 sensor, or fpr. You still need to do a fuel pressure test. that will tell you if its the fpr or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts