S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my truck vibrates and shudders whenever there's a load on the engine, such as when accelerating. I haven't been able to check if it's the driveshaft or not, but I think it might be the motor mounts, since when I was working on installing my CAI, I could move the engine an inch or so by muscle power.....

So, my question is, is it a bad idea to use used motor mounts from a wrecked truck with lower miles? My truck has 141K, and it's an extended cab.
I don't really want to shell out $50 apiece for new mounts from AutoZone....

·
Hello there!
5,227 Posts
dngrous_dime said:
Okay, my truck vibrates and shudders whenever there's a load on the engine, such as when accelerating. I haven't been able to check if it's the driveshaft or not, but I think it might be the motor mounts, since when I was working on installing my CAI, I could move the engine an inch or so by muscle power.....

So, my question is, is it a bad idea to use used motor mounts from a wrecked truck with lower miles? My truck has 141K, and it's an extended cab.
I don't really want to shell out $50 apiece for new mounts from AutoZone....
There will be no guarantee that the motor mounts will be good. I would pay the piper and buy new mounts anyhow because that's the way I do things with my truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts