S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would gauges from a 95 fit/hook up in a 94? i wanted to know cuz my speedo only goes up to 85, i want one that goes up to 100.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't believe so, because the guage pod is slightly different, I think because the steering column casing is bigger, because of the airbag that was added in 95... the guy I work with has a 95 and I have a 94, and the guages were pretty much the only thing that doesn't appear to be interchangable, I think because of the airbag. I don't think they made the 94 w/ airbags, but if you do have them, it could possibly work.

DogP

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
I think you guys should talk to dustro94s10 he has different cluster for his 94 and He said that they are stlightly different but they will work. I would send him a email and ask him....:dunno:

·
plastih8r
856 Posts
okay.... i have a 95 cluster that i was going to install into my 94... i didnt get it in for good, it was just not quite fitting... but with minimal grinding with a dremel it would have fit great, i never got to see if the calibration worked or not because i tried it when installing my valet start and put it back to stock and saved that project for another day... but with the cooold weather i havent messed with it again... now im almost certian that it will fit and hook up but as for being calibrated i dunno... but now that you reminded me about it i will try it as soon as i get a chance again.....

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which parts of that need to be grinded? im not sure which parts are different, is it just around the steering column or elsewhere. also, if u get around to doing yours please tell me how it went(or didnt).

thanx

·
plastih8r
856 Posts
well the 95 is wider but shorter also, not by much but just a little... you would just need to grind up right in the center..... but not too much involved.... and if i get a warm place to work i will try it soon... and reply to this thread. lata

1 - 8 of 8 Posts