S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my friends got a 1995 blazer with the 4.3. the guys on the blazer forums dont know anything, so i figured you guys might. is it possible to tune these things?
a while ago the motor spun a bearing, so it was rebuilt. while being rebuilt it was bored .02 over and had a mild cam put in. well, skip to today and it now has a... well, an intake. it's not really cold air, but it's an open cone. along with that are headers and a full exhaust. the stock tuning doesnt take advantage of these things, and it's driving us crazy. just some fueling and timing would probably do a world of difference. can you tune the computers on these things? or is it all manually done... and if it is, how the heck do you do it???

TIA
Andy

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rat said:
Depends on what ecm it has, might look into this, if anybody is going to have the stuff it should be them: http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/do_tc.html

Is this a cpi or tbi? And what is a mild cam?
ummm, i dont remember if it's got an ECM or PCM. it's black and under the hood on the passenger wheel well. and i know that my LS1M scanner, works with OBDII, wont read trouble codes or engine peramiters. it's the CMFI injection, and i dont really know the specs of the cam. i'll ask him... but i dont think he knows either. i'll have to find the actual cam for sale somewhere and check it.
thanks for gettin back so quick
Andy

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
95 4.3 CPI or TBI either will take a control module. The mods you have done work well with a Jet module. I have their stage 2 module on my 95 CPI 4.3 and like it. I think it is JETCHIP.COM.
Only possibility of one problem, your cam. If it mild as you say you should be ok. I would go to
their website and email or call them.

Buying and tinkering with your own chip/module for one vehicle is not money well spent and damn sure is not time well spent.

·
Got Fuel Rails?
4,539 Posts
Jetmeck said:
Buying and tinkering with your own chip/module for one vehicle is not money well spent and damn sure is not time well spent.
HAHA:rotf: I'd like to see a mail in place tune my truck. Egr, cat delete. Comp 260ahr camshaft, roots blower, custom intake manifold, 30lb/hr injectors, eventualy a 2 bar map, but an lt1 maf for the time being.

Ain't going to happen. A custom tune specificaly for the vehicle will give much much better results than a mail order. The exception being a tune where datalogs with wideband data being sent back and forth. And even here i would much rather do it myself where i can see exactly how the vehicle reacted.

So i guess i will continue to waste my time, because i have already wasted my money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts