S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
New motor recently put in my truck. Mechanics were not the brightest who installed it. They did not seal up the lower intake manifold bolts, the one underneath the upper plenum cover that are under the intakes vacumn pressure. Long story short I found oil puddles forming on my lower intake. I noticed by a puff of blue smoke after I start it up after prolonged idling before I shut it off. I sealed up the bolts with permatex thread sealer w/ teflon, and it appears the problem is still there. Only other thing I can think is my engine is sucking up oil through the intake, when I pull the PCV hose off of my upper plenum you can visibly see the oil film from where the hose was. This is on a 95 4.3 with 7k miles on the motor total. I'm thinking if I do the PCV mod it won't be able to suck up any oil right? I pulled the PCV hose off the intake right after I started it yesterday, motor was ice cold though, and you could here tons of air being sucked in by that orafice in the intake. Sound like thats the source of my problem?

All ideas/advice welcome, I'm driving cross country in two weeks with it!

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
But the sounds of it, I would be taking it back to the mechanic.

You might have a some serious oil blow by coming through the PCV valve causing the pooling of oil in the intake.

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
Is this a new crate engine or a rebuilt engine?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Taking it back to the mechanic is not an option lol. I should have put the engine in myself, but did not have any free time to do so that week. Thats what I'm thinking, serious PCV blow by. I'm not sure if I'd call it blow by though, as the intake is sucking pretty damn good on the PCV valve. It's a rebuilt...www.atk-engines.com

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts