S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my engine i have a kn drop in, poweraid throttle spacer, and a rusted muffler. I am not sure where i get my power but i do a lot of racing and i have only lost once, and that was to a charged 5.0 mustang. A lot of people on this site are saying all this stuff they have and i still run a quicker 1/4 mile. I have a lot of miles, almost 160000, and use premium gas and pennzoil oil. If anyone else has this power without doing much let me know, or maybe im just special.And what are cheap ways for more power?:pimp:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i wanna know how much hp u got too. i got same motor and tbi and a few more bolt ons. i never found out how much hp our motors have stock? where can we find these #s??? my motor feels torquier than my freinds 96 blazer with vortech but i think his has more hp

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think stock we are supposed to have either 150 or 180. Im not sure tho, but i figure if its stock 150 then 9im only running about 200, if that

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And you are right about the torque, my wheels spin to about 35 mph

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
I dont know what my truck would run yet, But i know that with 96 up heads will help some because they flow better then ours, I have a set that i need to sell, they are off a 99 s-10 and are BRAND NEW. They are already drilled for a TBI intake, I was going to put them on my 4.3 but changed my mind. If interseted let me know.

·
Spray Head
60 Posts
Not to start a pissing match but 15.4 @77.6MPH does not sound right to me.:confused:

To pull that time you would need to be running about 86-87 mph unless you typed it in wrong, you have one helluva launch, or you left your drive-shaft somewhere on the track.:)

And if you are not the Orig. Owner the previous owner may have had a cam upgrade or stall converter upgrade or other mods that may improve the performance of your truck.

Who knows I have a freak 3rd gen Firebird that runs [email protected] on its TBI 305. I think a previous owner did a cam upgrade because they usually run mid to low 16's.

Just be happy you have one of the ones that is faster than normal, some people end up with the other side of that coin.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah youre right it doesnt sound right, but thats what it was so maybe the camshaft thing is possible, but my fiend has an extreme with a 4.3 and he runs low 16's at around 80, im going to the track soon and ill see if maybe i just messed something up

·
Spray Head
60 Posts
I have run a best time of [email protected] with wheel hop and traction issues on my SS. The next time I go out I will have installed my ASP pulleys and E-fan plus I can use my buddies Comp T/A Drag slicks (the 14 sec time came running 215/65 15 Bfg Radial T/A). I think this will put me in the high 13's.

Yea a low e.t. and low MPH means that the person launches really well or they had problems down the track and had to back off.

Plus I have seen the track equipment record misinformation before one time my buddy had a timeslip from our local track that he ran a [email protected]:rolleyes:

But this was a day after a rain storm and some of the sensors had become wet and where malfunctioning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The TBI 4.3 puts out 150-160 hp. Torque rating is 230 or
235 [email protected] The TBI seems to be better for low-end torque than the CPI setup because I looked at the CPI specs. The CPI makes 260 lb-ft of torque, but at 3600 rpm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts