S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this engine year pretty durable? What are the strenghts and weaknessess of this year engine with the TBI?

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
the 95 TBI 4.3's dont really have any major weaknesses, as far as things going wrong with them, They are very durable in my oppinion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Extremely durable. You don't have to look far to find very many with 150k+ miles and still going strong. Plus, with a '95 you have the better vortec style heads.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 95's got 125,000 on it and havent had really any problems out of it. Just basic maintence, but i wish i had money to make it have more HP...lol

·
Cheezeit9
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I've got a little over 130,000 miles on it and still running pretty strong. The only thing i've done is basic maintenance, but now my cat just went out so I'm going to have to replace it soon. And I know what you mean about wanting money to make more HP, but if I have the money I wouldnt have an S-10, I'd have something with a diesel or a Z71.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, I got a full size older Dodge and a s10 blazer for my play vehicles...lol

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Only probs. I've seen with 4.3's is the usual crappy valve seals and people that ruin the crank by driving after main bearings need replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts