S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no matter what setting the switch is on it wont blow out the vents it only blows out both the defrost and the floor, or it turns off but nothing at all comes out the vents what do you think is the solution to this problem?

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum line that runs to the intake fell off. If not that, could possibly be a broken mode door in your heater box. Check the vacuum lines to make sure, you'll see one coming out of the firewall.

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
Wow.......now this is a performance question

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
I just had this happen with my 95. There was a big crack in one of my vacuum lines. I replaced it and now it works like a charm.

·
Ross Racing Engines
1,385 Posts
Same here...my vacuum line that runs from the canister on the driver's side was dried and crumbley(sp)...replaced it and everything worked better

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 94. they are right its a vacuum leak, mine was behind the brake booster under a plastic shroud, it turned to butter, I replaced it and all was well again.:)

·
DIY
236 Posts
Back in like October, I replaced the A/C controls 'cause the knob broke and was stripped... since then it didn't blow out the vents.

Saturday, I replaced my hood, and wondered what the hell that ball was. Doing some research, I solved two problems! Woo!

A/C blows out vents, and the ball has to do something with vacum lines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts