S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how to do it

ok, sorry I didnt reply back on the other forum, everytime i tried it wouldnt come up to the screen to reply. But anyways, here is the deal. If you are wondering just about the grill swap, I am not entirely sure how to do it. I know what you need, you need the grill the headlamps and the core support. but I dont really know how to do it!!! I got the truck with that grill already installed from my dad a few years ago because he had it done one time it was getting the front end fixed from an accident. But I am sure if i had to it would be simple to figure it out. There are several guys on here that have done it though, and they should be able to tell you, i think i read someone did it in about an hour??? But yeah if you were wondering about the clear corners let me know and i will help you out with that.

·
14,970 Posts
SWEEET! Damm I gotta hurry up and get mine ordered.
From your last psot i see you mentioed something about clears. Are you refering to removing the orange reflector inside the headlight?
If so please post about it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
orange lenses

yeah i was talking about those orange lenses in the corners, i got rid of those and made some clear ones out of '94-'97 s-10 ones. Involved a little modifying. I will post about it later, I have to go to work right now.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'laskdf

:bash: ...that is how you modify the headlight!!!! BASH!!!!
jk
uhm, i think since so many people ask me how, i am gonna actually draw it up and make a link.... sound good?

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Wed Turner said:
That is very nice looking. If I owned an S-10 with those recessed lights that would be my first mod to the truck. It deffinately cleans up the front end of the truck a TON.
Actually all 94-97 S-10s (and some blazers) came from the factory with recessed lights. There are several us, including myself, that are attempting this mod this month. For me, this is my first major mod.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
just in case you guys are still wondering....

all you need is the lights and grill, then you make 6 splices into new plugs and your done! The last one I did took about 20min, cause I already had everything labled on the 96.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
jware187 said:
anybody have the part #s for all of the stuff?
Heres one better than a part #.... Don't buy it from a dealer:(

get it used or new aftermarket. Cause GM costs alot more $$$$.

Just the grill is $280 :eek:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, i tried man, i drew it all out and now the scanner isnt working, something is wrong with the power supply. I dont know, it is hella hard to explain how i made the clear corner lenses, i wish i had taken pictures when i did it. I'm sorry... all i can say, is get ahold of a pair of clear corners from a '94-'97 s-10, and i could walk you through it... i think it would be easier with it right there so you can see what i am talking about.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just cut the headlight open, and the orange lense is a loose part, just comes out, and then i just put in place of it the clear pieces i made. And glueing the 2 headlight halves back together holds the clear in place.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts