S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my '99 s-10 ss rims the other day and went to put em on today and they don't fit right...it ends up leaving a gap around the rim and the roter....what it is, is that there is a small ring that is molded into the roter that doesn't allow the wheel from going on all the way...and on the rim there is a lip making the center hole a lil bit smaller, so what's gonna have to be done, i'm gonna have to have that little lip machined off....

only after you guys told me they'd fit just fine :(
someone just kick me in the nuts about now .... i'm so depressed

G

·
in theory they should fit right up ...because....they are all the same..but the ss...have a different suspension package and a different brake package i belive..this may be where your problem lies..i still don't understand your problem completely..maybe take some pics to help us out...but...you will probably end up needing spacers

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I don't know if this is the same problem, but I have heard somewhere that with the xtreme rims on a 94-97 you need to hollow out part of the rim so it fits right... but I don't know if this applies to the SS rims. I'd find someone that has done the swap and pm them.

DogP

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
I had the same prob when I went to put on a set of Xtreme rims on my '97 Jimmy. I had to have a shop that does mods to rims mill out the inside of the rims just enough for them to fit on over the lip on the hubs. It only cost me 90.00, and I'm sure if you check around some local tire/rim shops, they'll hook you up. Hope this helps you out bro. L8a

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i dunno waht i'm gonna do now...i'm debating between getting them taken care of which would cost $8 a rim, but i would also have to pay to have the rubber taken off then put back on and rebalanced, or just saying screw it all and get rid of them...

·
SoCal Mini-Trucker n FL
230 Posts
You can't do it yourself bcuz you have to turn them on a lathe to get them centered. Otherwise your rims would be off balance, and be a problem. I had mine done without taken the tires off, and it only took them an hour.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've heard on other forums of people using a "flap wheel" on a drill to open up the hole a little bit. Seems to me that it would be pretty simple to do and would make the hole almost perfect. The flap wheels are a drill attachment with sand paper flaps attached. Just a suggestion.

Jeff

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i went ahead and had em machined down, had to have the tires taken off to do so, but i did it anyways...they are at the tire shop today awaiting the new set of rubber that hadda be special ordered in (Cooper Cobra 235/55/16) and should be done this coming Wednesday...i'll post some pictures once i get em on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.