S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty. tranny is slipping and i have options. I dont have the money for a rebuild so pull it yards is going to happen. ive got the 4.3 tbi/4l60e and i was told only the 93 and 94's work for my 94? I dont see why one from a 97 blazer etc wouldnt? is the cooler lines etc ran differently or is it a computer issue. Anyways if i cant find one il just get a 700r4 and run it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you can get under your truck, look at the bolt pattern of the bell housing. See if you have a full bell housing or a 3/4 bell housing. My 99 4.3 has a full bell housing meaning the bolts go all the way around it. I think there are 8 holding it on. If you'd like I could take pictures of it and show you. Just give a good inspection of your current transmission, take some pictures, go to your yard and compare the 2. If everything lines up, that solves your answer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ohh man. i didnt think they did anything differently with that. il check it out in a few min.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright. it looks to be the typical bolt pattern from what i could tell from the bottom (has removable converter shield etc). i just wonder why they say only 93 and 94.

edit : ^^^ lol. no trannys here bro!

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
93/94 only due to electronics.

you have odb1 ecu. 95 is by itself due to the crazy electronics, and 96 plus is full obd2.

its the electronics is the reason y you can't put in a newer trans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts