S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What number would be the 7th digit of a Vin number from a 1994 Chevy S10 step side or sport side? I'm trying to order a part based on Vin numbers and my S10 originally was a flat side bed so my vin number is going to reflect that and not be upgraded step side please help thanks in advance

·
Been there Done it
7,825 Posts
The 7th digit will tell you the cab style but it doesn't specify box style or even the length.
A dealer or other parts house can tell by running the complete code because every truck has a serial number and the build files are in the computer system at GM.
Comprehensive Chevrolet, Saturn, GMC, Hummer, Cadillac, Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Geo, Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep, Chrysler, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda Truck, Mercedes VIN Decoder can get you the complete rpo options list from the vin.
It's $5 for 5 vehicles.
Here's a portion of my 99. The whole list is 3 pages:

EVA 5941 P TEST DVT, EVAP EMISSION REQUIREMENT
E63 6366 P BDS M BODY EQUIPMENT FLEETSIDE PICK-UP BOX
FE9 6660 P CER R CERTIFICATION EMISSION, FEDERAL

·
time to get cereal
2,448 Posts
Yours wasn't originally a stepside, they didn't start making them until 1996.

·
Been there Done it
7,825 Posts
That's what she said.
my S10 originally was a flat side bed so my vin number is going to reflect that
Would help if we knew what you are trying to order since a lot of parts don't care which bed it has.

·
time to get cereal
2,448 Posts
I guess I read it wrong, anyway even if the bed was indicated in the VIN, a '94 stepside didn't exist so you won't find whatever you're looking for that way.

·
Been there Done it
7,825 Posts
I guess I read it wrong, anyway even if the bed was indicated in the VIN, a '94 stepside didn't exist so you won't find whatever you're looking for that way.
If it's a part for the bed she is seeking? Other wise it's an S10 and we know they are all the same underneath. ;) ;)

·
time to get cereal
2,448 Posts
Oh, I don't doubt we can help her but I'm guessing she's trying to go through a dealer if she is looking for parts via VIN number.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts