S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this beater in a trade. It's a 94, 4.3v6 vortec , auto , np233. 31x10.5x15 tires ,3 in body lift. PO said the rear has a Yukon locker. Haven't checked.It's got close to 300k miles , but PO said motor / trans have around 100K , can't verify it. Runs great, no knocking or ticking.trans shifts a little late.
Let go of the wheel , it drives in a straight line.

This winter I am going to swap the cab , and all body panels and install my trail master lift kit. Eventually it will become my daily driver once it's been gone thru and I trust that it's reliable.

no doors. Interior was poor. Cab mount is rusted and gone.
Body is really rusty. Hack job exhaust work. Ya its a piece of junk , but it's a s10 , it's 4x4 and I have 5in trail master lift kit for it.

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Got a headliner and sun visors from a 2002
(Went from lighted visors to plain jane!)

temporary 60/40 seats. Original seats were junk, center console was kinda beat.

pretty nice door panels !

my 94 grille is busted. It was cheaper to buy this used grill and head lights that came off a 95/96 blazer. Still have to go back and get the head light harness.

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My daily driver fried a relay , so I had to take this thing to work , illegal plates n all ! It made the trip alright , so I started running it on the back roads , ran great. So I got the new doors put on , got the signals and brake lights working , got the truck legal and I've been driving it for the last 2 weeks . I think it's getting about 16 miles a gallon on the highway. I think it could improve once the exhaust is corrected and the engine is serviced / tuned up.

For exhaust , it has the Y pipe and then a straight pipe. No cat or muffler. Not sure what the PO was thinking , but I will get a cat and muffler for it and have the exhaust put back to the way it's supposed to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts