S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help with code 43 on diag..port on a 94 s15 jimmy 4x4..light came on and stays on after I had to replace ignition modul {under dist cap} discoonecting battery removes code but comes back in less than a minite when started back. It is a 4.3 w code enginew/cpi..when I bought truck last year seemed sluggish at part throttle wide open seemed fine then module started cutting out causing it to die and not start back until cool,new module fixed that but ses lt came on immediatly after install new module.I know code 43 is spark control but seems to me to be almost anything in loop could be going wrong{right???}I also got alot of the slug gone at part throttle w/timing bump truck runs real well and gas milage around 22.. odometer shows 174k but motor looks like new,but so does undercarriage so uncertain with milage on motor.it does idle right when warm and lil bumpy cold.Trying to tell all I can hoping to get help on ses on 24/7.Any and all help w/this is appreciated

·
Registered
51 Posts
Code 43 is also for the knock sensors.My SES light came on and I found a loose connector on the knock sensor on the right(passenger)side of the engine.Repaired connector start truck back up no SES.But I disconnected the battery to clear the code.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
put new knock on while back no help either,probly have to get scanned on all electrics to find what this prob really is. Thanks 4 input thought maybe some had same problem sometime before..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts