S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys latly i been having problems startin my engine. I had my fuel pump die on me last summer and then i put a new one in. I need to know what the fuel Pressure is suppost to be to startt eh truck. I read on a site it should be like 55-60 to start the truck. I just tested mine and im gettin like 40psi when cranking the engine then slowly climbs to like 55-60 then the engine starts. then at idle its 54. does anyone know what its suppost to be and what my problem would be. possibly fuel pump??

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
That sounds alright. The pressure is supposed to be between 60-64, I believe, with up to a 7psi drop as acceptable when it's idling.......I think my numbers are right on that one....

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow 60-64. my truck starts at 40 idles at 54 and when i give it gas its 60. do you think this is ok or is it starting to go. cause the engine is being hard to start.

·
Registered
990 Posts
TnHombre said:
starting it up at 40 sounds low to me...
it is

it should prime to 55-65, and hold it when the pump stops

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
It was written "when cranking", not priming. Try just turning the key to the "on" position and see what it reads.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also it doesnt do it everytime. Only if the engine sit for like maybe4 hours or longer. If i turn it on and the engines runs, then turn it off and turn it back on again it fires right up. Could i be loosing pressure with in that 4 hour time slot. ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts