S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 94 GMC Somoma with the CMFI 4.3. I purcased this truck back in Nov 05 and have spent from then til now restoring it to use as a daily driver. I have driven it for the past week with no problems except that the truck seems to surge a bit just around 2k RPM when taking off from a stop, hardly noticeable but I would like it gone. Today I took it out to have it rust proofed and when I pulled up to a stop light the idle became sparatic almost to the point that it may stall or like it had a monster cam in it, but once you took off and got the reves to about 1500 it ran fine, but it still had the surging like before. I decided it wasen't worth it to have it let me down so I turned back, on the way back to check engine light came on. When I got home I put the code reader on it to find that code 32 came up, telling me the EGR circuit is not functioning correctly. I removed the EGR only to find that it could not be serviced. I called to local parts supplier to find that a new EGR cost $370 (can) and that you could buy just the soliniod for $80 (can). For the life of me I can't figure out how the stupid thing comes apart to replace the soliniod. Can anyone help me or tell me of a solution for my problems?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just clean it. Don't soak the whole thing in cleaner, just the lower portion where the valve is, and try to avoid soaking the stepper motor. The problem is more than likely that its got some carbon stuck in it somewhere and you just need to clean it out so that it will open/close properly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I cleaned the EGR and the throtle body and the truck runs 100% better than it ever did. I never thought something like a bit of carbon to do that much to the EGR, but it seems like it's a comon problem with this motor and just cleaning the EGR seems to work for alot of people.
Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts