S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Irrational Professional
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the '94 with the first style headlights-signals in the bumper.

wonder if there's a way to wire the bumper lights so when they're on, they are bright all the time? i put the clears in them, got rid of the gawdy-a$$ amber bulbs. i noticed when the signal was on, they were just as bright as my headlights.

when i put the hazards on and hit the brake, got me to thinkin' if it was possible to wire them 'on' all the time. but that makes me wonder if i could still use the signal at all, if i did. guys, help me out.

:confused:

·
Irrational Professional
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all about originality, right? or else why would anybody on this site do the things they've done? it was just something i was thinkin' about.

·
Loves the boost.
145 Posts
Dude, I like the idea... i'm into playing with electrical stuff and want to run an idea by you..... if your truck is like mine electrically (even though i have an 03) your side markers should blink opposite of your bumper mount blinkers when your parking or head ligths are on, if you were to reverse the wires going into your front sockets i believe but dont hold me to it... reverse the green and brown wires to the brown and green of the socket and in between the black wire, splice it and wire a relay parallel to the corner lamp so that the relay is in an normally on setting so when your blinker goes on, it cuts the power on and off to the bumper light... i know it's kinda long but i hope you get what i'm tryin to say.... ps... i don't know the legality on it but you *should* be fine.. but for even simpler you may be able to get away with just wiring the bumper lights to the side markers..... play with it.

·
Irrational Professional
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see, i'm not sure if reversing the wires will do it, i'm thinking that will just make the other filament (spelling???) turn on, but it might work. who knows. worth trying, if it doesn't work, it's not like i can't just re-wire them to OE.

Thinking maybe i can change something in the flasher-relay under the dash? that's what controls the turn signals after all...

·
Registered
150 Posts
On my Maxima, the way to make your corners bright all the time is to simple clip or file down one of the two nipples on the bulb. Depends on the bulb though. The Nissan uses a 1157L I believe. It's worth a try. Those guys on the Maxima forum are really into modding any and everything.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'd like to have some factory fogs on my 97. Anyone know the cost from a dealer? It sucks because the 94-97 bumper doesn't even have the place for the fogs. Anyone know of any after market fogs. I don't want them just sitting on the bumper either. I'll try one of these truck accessory shop...God knows there is plenty in TX.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,722 Posts
supercobraz said:
I'd like to have some factory fogs on my 97. Anyone know the cost from a dealer? It sucks because the 94-97 bumper doesn't even have the place for the fogs. Anyone know of any after market fogs. I don't want them just sitting on the bumper either. I'll try one of these truck accessory shop...God knows there is plenty in TX.
I just got a pair of factory fog for my 96 SS off e-bay for $42 shipped. Dealer wanted $90 each for the glass only!! E-bay lights include a metal housing but not the bracket. try wrecking yard for the bracket.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do your truck have a place for them already or will you be doing some cutting?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a '94 SS and it came standard with fog lights. Only the SS came with them in '94 and '95. Maybe you could get a SS setup from a dealer that would bolt right on. Just a thought.

·
Irrational Professional
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think it could work well if i wired in a toggle switch. good idea. a good friend of mine into customs suggested drilling second holes in each turn signal, then just wiring up a second set of bulbs to a switch, that way i keep stock lights, and i get the look i wanted. he told me that after i drilled the holes big enough, i'd just have to file the slots out for the bulb socket, so it'd twist and lock into it like the stock bulb.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts