S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Oldsmobile bravada. the 4.3 Vortec has made It a great grocery get'r, but I'm ready to step it up a notch!
I have a 400hp budget built 350 ready to throw in the car. I know the 4l60e bolts right up, and I have the custom oil pan for the awd.
from what I've read everything will bolt right up. except I cant find anything about how to get the digital dash, and computer to work with the 350. any info is helpful!

·
Been there Done it
9,575 Posts
Although the display is "digital" the wiring is still analog, so as long as you use the temp gauge sender, oil pressure sender, etc. off the 4.3 it should work just like it did with the 4.3.
If you're going with an engine that uses a different ECM that shouldn't matter either. The 94's did not use serial data like some later years did. You're dealing with a dash that was first used in 89, IIRC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Theres a guide on how to do the digital swap on google. Type in analog to digital instrument cluster conversion chevy s10

·
Been there Done it
9,575 Posts
It's nice when a new member offers to help.
The Bravada's already have a digital dash as seen in the first picture.
The question was about what's needed to make it work with a different engine.
The answer was to just use the original Bravada 4.3 sensors for oil pressure and engine temperature in the V8. The tach will probably need a signal converter box from Dakota Digital like the SGI-100BT or STA-1000. (Which also gives you the ability to change tire sizes for the speedo and works with distributorless ignition like an LS). They both run around $100.

·
UnderDawg
42 Posts
763700 Miles is that correct? I'd agree with oldeerslayer. I'd think everything else should work , except the sensors on the engine may need to be changed. make a lot of sense....Just a thought... Be careful when you screw the sensors, Threads on sensors may be different. SAE/metric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts