S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw one atthe junkyard a while back i just remembered. not sure if its still there but what rearend does it have?

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
01black4.3 said:
It would be cheaper to buy a used Zexel for $75 on ebay and it will work way better than the G80.
really? how much will the rear end outta junkyard cost me?
even if its the same but posi im up for it. and yes i have an auto. i could use both tires pushing the ground rather than just one..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I found a G80 and im gonna go next week to see how much I can get it for. He doesn't really know what it is anyway. He just thinks its some crap rear end so i can probably get it for cheaper. Ill let you know around how much this one charges if i get it...

·
the youngest has been
4,358 Posts
greencactus3 said:
holy crap. really? damn. neeever mind then. i had no idea they would charge that much for one.
thats really not that expensive, try and buy an 8.5 everyone wnats 500+ for one with 3.08's

·
Registered
654 Posts
WARNING! the stock s-10 G80 is not for hotroding(ex burnouts) or extreme 4x4ing, get a zexel or eaton if you want to do that.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
01black4.3 said:
You have an auto? If so the same as you. If you have a 5 spd you may have a 8.5".
SSs didnt come in 5spd

best bet for you would be just to get youself a set of gears and a zexel. Rear ends can get very expencive when you build them, odds are, that you dont need much more than that. My rear end ended up costing over $1000 when I was done

·
s-series #2?
gone
24,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1fast4by said:
SSs didnt come in 5spd

best bet for you would be just to get youself a set of gears and a zexel. Rear ends can get very expencive when you build them, odds are, that you dont need much more than that. My rear end ended up costing over $1000 when I was done
daamn. yea. im pretty sure i dont have close to that much power. so i really dont need much. i dont even need a higher ratio but it would be nice. and i want a locker/limited slip or sumthign along those lines cuz i cant even get up my driveway in the snow now.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
18,047 Posts
greencactus3 said:
daamn. yea. im pretty sure i dont have close to that much power. so i really dont need much. i dont even need a higher ratio but it would be nice. and i want a locker/limited slip or sumthign along those lines cuz i cant even get up my driveway in the snow now.
3.93s and a zexel....You'll like :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts